Tuesday, June 10, 2008

English

I am the icon of Paris, I am the Eiffel Tower
In the evening I light up every hour
On her first day in France, she came to me
The moment after Richard let the group free
The bright lights I shine glistened in her eyes
As her eyes widened, doubling in size
With her friends, she took pictures from afar
Behind them I stood still, luminously like a star
Scattered apart, the group approached me bit by bit
Picking up their pace, it took no time to make it
She stood beside me looking up in amazement
Knowing the replica in Vegas was no replacement
Anxious, eager, she impatiently waited on the line
The longer she waited, the more she’d whine
When she entered the elevator, she stood on the side
So her eyes and the horizon would collide
When the elevator stopped, she had no time to shop
For there was only one flight of stairs to the top
Behind my protective fence, she overlooked the city
Knowing there’s not much in the world as pretty
With her friends, they took pictures in groups
Then exploring my perimeter in circular loops
A few hours later, she had a melancholy heart
For it was time to leave me, it was time to depart
She walked away from me slowly, but looking back
She knew one day, she’d walk this same track
Years from now she will return
Until that day, she will yearn

No comments: